I can’t get cool,
I’ve drunk a quart of lemonade.
I think I’ll take my shoes off
And sit around in the shade.
My back is sticky.
The sweat rolls down my chin.
I think I’ll take my clothes off
And sit around in my skin.
I’ve tried with ’lectric fans,
And pools and ice cream cones.
I think I’ll take my skin off
And sit around in my bones.
It’s still hot!
“It’s Hot” appears in Shel Silverstein‘s collection of poems of drawingsWhere the Sidewalk Ends, available at Amazon.com.
Summer Camp #3
Marshmallow Flower Cupcake Toppers
1. Create colored sanding sugar with regular granulated sugar and colored gel paste
2. Rub color into the sugar while the ziploc bag is closed until all "globs" of gel are well blended
3. Pipe a swirl of buttercream on top of each cupcake
4. Each student uses safety scissors to cut mini marshmallows diagonally and dip sticky sides in the colored sanding sugar.
5. Carefully place marshmallow petals very close together on top of the cupcake in a pattern to create custom colored flower.
The activity will take approximately 90 minutes from beginning to end for one group of 12 students from set up to clean up. Great fun and low cost project!
BONUS: Marshmallows don't melt.